Craft that can be sold

If you're looking for a craft item that you can make to sell in your Etsy shop or at markets you can't go past the Bernat cushion. I have to be honest, I hadn't crocheted in a while and I kept making mistakes with this so it had to be pulled out a few times before I got it right. But it really is one of those things that once you have the hang of it you can turn it out really quickly. This yarn is the thickest velvetiest yarn I've ever used and was such a pleasure to work with albeit tricky at times because the thickness of the yarn disguises stitches and it's easy to lose them or miscount stitches if you're not concentrating. But the finished product is just lovely. I've made it in gold, as you can see in the photo, but there are other colours you can choose from. It matches my bedroom perfectly and comes to bed with me for extra soft comfort. This is a cushion that you can hand to people if they are feeling stressed and say "here, touch my cushion!" as an instant de-stressor. If you are interested I can make a craft video to teach you how to crochet it.

I've posted some videos below for those of you who are yarn lovers or obsessors - like me - and you can choose from short, intermediate or extended play :) 

N.B. Total cost of yarn $40. Crochet hook $25.00 from Spotlight.

Side one completed. You can see the red thread that acted as a guide













Comments

  1. Once you master a craft, then you can turn it into money. I agree. But the number of hours to learn them can be discouraging if one do not have the passion for it or let me say obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. It is always good to get busy doing something. An idle man is the devil's workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow nice craft,we can sell it and get income,wait for your tutorial for making craft

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never seen such a unique craft . This is really interesting and hope will see it in rea life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only can you sell this you can eat it too???Well this is a delicious treat but I would not eat this. It fits more as a display piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really useful and inspiring. Many thanks for sharing this. It's highly thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, this is very good and delicious for the family. Thank you for sharing this educative information here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so much appreciate this. I'm so certain that it will go a long way in assisting our community.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems a nice pillow. Hope, it goes for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is also going to be a good business in the market world.kudos on this article.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an educative post on craft work. I am just hearing about Bernat cushion and this article enlightened me on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an easy make craft. Thank you for sharing this here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful crafts are made to be sold . Many people appreciate lovely art works. I admire them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great article. It very knowledgeable and benefitical to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great work of art. The idea to make a video out of this is is a is a good initiative especially for Bernat cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Making income out of selling this craft is a good initiative. The post is an eye opener to a good business opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are beautiful crafts work that are all attractive. You can't just go pass them as they are all looking great. its worth a buy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. it is always beautiful to have these at home. These ones comes with perfect colors that are inviting. Yeah will be great for the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is another way of making passive income in this inflate economy. Thank you for sharing this information

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello again wonderful people and thank you again for commenting on my blog. I think I will make a video for this craft :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts